Paradigm's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zees
Admin
zees

Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm Empty
PostSubject: Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm   Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey everyone
I have been asked by Darren to post his reasons for leaving Paradigm, since he cannot use the forum anymore.
He emailed me his post and it is not easy reading so I asked Caylan and Hats for permission to post it here, which they gave me.
Needless to say, I am only the "messenger" here so do not look to me for any expanations. I am only doing my part as social officer and that after having consulted you.
Here is Darren's post:

Hi, it's Darren here, some of you may or may not know me, but in the case that you don't, I am the person that, with the help of good friends (Anne, Paul, Maria and others) started Paradigm. I recently left the guild and I was happy to not moan, I left at night so as not to ruffle too many feathers and when people asked me why I was not too specific about my reasons, feeling it unfair to express my discontent over the dire state of affairs that guild is now in.
Clearly, however, this was not suitable for the current hierarchy of the guild. It has been made apparent to me that people high up in the guild have been bad mouthing me. Dismissing my leaving as pure greed due to the fact that I have applied to Omen. The latter is true, but the nature of my departure is woefully inaccurate. This post, therefore, is to clear the tag that I've been awarded by certain parties of Paradigm and to enlighten everyone to the reason of my absence.
Firstly I do not relish being shouted at. By anyone. Nor do I condone it done to other people that I enjoy the company of. Both of these things have happened, numerously of late, as the raid leaders have deemed this action an effective method of making people do what they want.
Secondly, swearing at people on vent is abhorrent. I would think that a middle aged man who has such a level of qualification in his field would have the basic diplomatic skills required to not have to curse at people who don't really deserve it. Especially people under the age of fourteen which, yes, I have witnessed.
I dislike the lack of basic manners expressed by certain members of the guild.
I think the level of favouritism used when raiding is ridiculous. Not only on invites, but also the fact that some lower members get called on any problem where as higher members may cruise in their inadequacy happily left alone because they have a higher place in the order of the guild.
I think the atmosphere in guild is perpetually terse, tense and generally not enjoyable. As for atmosphere in raids, in place of the old fun, laughter and enjoyment there is now only curtness and the frequent uttering of “shut up”.
Certain, long time members are ignored and treated like dirt. Those involved will know precisely who these people are.
These issues aside, for my self, I am not really know in this guild. Nor do there seem many friends here of late, many having already departed, and respect for me seems distinctly lax. I am not trying to make anyone respect me, however, nor can you expect me to remain in a place which I feel is devoid of any of the aforementioned. Anne herself, after me mentioning this, stated “I find it hard to respect you any more”. This is mainly why I left with Tront. When I started playing Mugatu again I decided to give Paradigm another chance, perhaps I was over-sensitive or a lot of blame was on my part. Alas since playing on Mugatu I have witnessed these events again, and also have had Anne say something which put me directly in mind of what she had said before. I find it unfair her not respecting me.
You might be wondering, if I had all these issues, instead of leaving why not mention it, change it and make it better? Well, mainly because the last person to openly disagree with the leadership in Paradigm was Paul. Where is he now? He is a member. Paradigm may be a democracy, it is just one where you are not allowed to disagree.
I applied to Omen because therein lies some fellow WoW players who still enjoy my company, respect me and want me around.
In conclusion then; I did NOT leave Paradigm because of greed, I left there because being in the guild is akin to torture for me, the way that people, myself included, are treated and because there is no point being in a guild where I have little if any friends. The fact that you had the gall to speak about me in such a way after driving me out of the guild forged by my own hand is astounding.
The fact I was banned in order to not allow me to say my part on the forum after this incident of rumourmongering says it all really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm   Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 pm

That's all very nice, but his behavior speaks for itself. He abandoned this guild as leader, dumped it on the heads of others, came back to get geared up and go play with his real friends. Meh. Feel free to pass that comment along to him, whoever was doing so before.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm   Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:41 pm

My view on these ramblings.

Way back in the time of Empire I joined this guild. Not knowing any better then that Asta was the gm. After a few months I logged in and found out that all of a sudden we had an other GM: Darren.
Turned out that Darren had been a GM all along but was on one of his many sabaticals. It didn't take me long to realise that this was not a rare occasion.
Every time a new game emerged Darren got instantly bored with WoW and left. When the other game got boring he would reappear and took over the roll as GM of Empire, surprised that everytime he got less respect from the guild as a whole, mainly because there were more and more members who didn't even know him.

When Paradigm was created Darren was again the GM... for about 10 days before he dumped the whole responsibility on Anne without even asking while he went afk for a couple of months.
If I would have been Anne I would have kicked his sorry ass right there and then, but she didn't.

So after a while he came back again and started complaining about the leadership and that there were so many new people.
Again the 'lack of respect' issue was brought up and he still doesn't seem to understand that respect is something you need to earn and with his kind of behaviour you don't earn respect.

Alpo arranged a few raids, however, to gear him up (talking about earning respect: Alpo. respect for doing this) but it apperently wasn't enough to keep Darren happy.

Leaving the guild because sometimes words are being used which he objected against: well if you are trying to get a succesful raid going sometimes strong language is needed. Maybe he will come to understand that if he stick long enough around to do raids with his new guild...
Back to top Go down
https://paraforum.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm   Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Leaving the guild because sometimes words are being used which he objected against: well if you are trying to get a succesful raid going sometimes strong language is needed. Maybe he will come to understand that if he stick long enough around to do raids with his new guild...

Well, I think that's his excuse anyway, bit of a red herring to cover his behavior which he clearly knows was fail.

I've been on an omen raid where they needed a pickup last expansion. The language is no better there. And the raid leaders yell at screwups. So, as I say, utter nonsense.

Else, I agree with Hats entirely.
Back to top Go down
Caylan

Caylan

PostSubject: Re: Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm   Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 pm

I thought I knew Darren. Obviously I was wrong.

I didn't actually tell him I didn't respect him. Only that I could understand if the rest of the guild didn't, after him being absent as guildleader for 2-3 months. And for the record, this conversation took place after he upped and left in the night with Tront. not while he was in the guild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm   Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm Empty

Back to top Go down

Darren (aka Mugatu/Tront) - reasons for leaving Paradigm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paradigm's Forum :: Welcome to Demonic :: General-
Jump to: